Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I stoop (and conquer)



I was at a friend's home this evening, casually flipping through an old issue of iD magazine when this caught my eye. I was stopped in my tracks: I'd almost forgotten about this, but how could I?

A glorious mid-Summer's day in Brooklyn, the ingenious Vanina Sorrenti behind the lens, one of my best friends - Dean - dressing me and making me laugh while we drank iced coffee and rifled through my wardrobe. No make-up. I didn't even brush my hair.

Reading the accompanying text now, I'm taken with how happy and hopeful I was. A wonderful naivete. Vanina always made me feel so good in front of the camera; so strong, so womanly. She is a powerful and instinctual photographer. She took some stunning nudes of me that were published in France and caused a furore - I thought the French were libéré? Mais non?

No comments:

Post a Comment