Monday, June 29, 2009

Wingate Paine



Resurrection recently had an exhibition of his works; echoes of Sam Haskins, whose work I concidentally - or not - became familiar with when working at Resurrection NY a few years ago. Katy Rodriguez, one of the store's two owners and proprietors, is now producing her own, eponymous range which strikes me as brilliant given how many designers and their assistants came through and mined her archives: a constant stream. Now she has first pick of the whole inspirational bunch.

Sleep. Exactly what I need to be doing at this very moment. Except that it's Winter and too cold for sleeping nude. Central heating is virtually non-existent in this country; I still daydream about the clanging, hissing radiator that was at the end of my bed in my apartment in Williamsburg. Right now, nothing would sound as comforting...

No comments:

Post a Comment